I hang out with high performance people who set big goals. Those who dream, dare and do. But what about the little wins? They’re important too.
Have you been to a kid’s birthday party recently? Inevitably, there’s a child who’s at a disadvantage in the games. So you move the line. Make it easier to hit the target. Everybody likes to win. It’s just that sometimes you might have to change the rules a little to make it happen.
You need a win today. It’s part of what I call the Happiness Factor. When you’re having fun and you’re happy, you’re going to be more effective at everything you do. You’ll attract more clients, get people smiling back at you and yes, make more money. And that’s really fun – creating more happiness – and now you’ve got a positive cycle going.
So let’s move the line up and position you for a win. Here’s how …
Right now, stop and think of one thing you can do that will be a win for you.
Here’s some examples:
1. Write a blog post. (I wanted to get a new blog post up today – so I started my day with a win!)
2. Call your spouse in the middle of the day and tell them you love and appreciate them. (Double score for that one.)
3. Send 1 personal email to a prospective client and let them know you’re thinking about them – don’t try to sell them anything – just connect. (You could include a link to this blog and share the happiness factor)
4. Go to someone’s Facebook page and write something nice on their wall. Just because.
5. Make that phone call you’ve been putting off. Now.
You get the idea. Keep it simple. Small wins add up.
‘”We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.” – Marian Wright Edelman
Tell me in the comments (below) what you’re going to go do, right now, that will activate the Happiness Factor for you today. Or just go do it.
Success is not as far away as you think.