Over the past 35 years (ALL of my adult life!) I have listened to over a thousand hours of Zig Ziglar training material. First it was cassette tapes & video tapes that I wore out with repeated use. Then it was CDs and DVDs and most recently, MP3s. I own all of his books as well.
Zig left this earth On November 28,2012. He was 86 – a full and well-lived life. He set the bar high and I feel like standing taller, trying harder and being better when I think of his example. He was a spiritual father to many and business mentor to thousands across the globe.
As I share just a few of my favorite “Zigisms”, I am reminded of all the times I’ve laughed out loud while listening to Zig speak. One favorite word picture is his description of people who are like biscuits; some squatted to rise and got “cooked in the squat.” He was a storyteller extraordinaire.
I’ve been reminiscing, and even shed a few tears but take heart when I remember Zig’s words, “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability. It’s an awesome responsibility.” So, we carry on.
Twelve of my favorite quotes from the rich legacy of a wise man….
1. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
2. “It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.”
3. “Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it.”
4. “The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.”
5. “You cannot perform in a manner inconsistent with the way you see yourself.”
6. “Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.”
7. “Happiness is not pleasure, it is victory.”
8. “Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the gotta have it scale.”
9. “Building a better you is the first step to building a better America.”
10. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.”
11. “You do not pay the price of success, you enjoy the price of success.”
12. “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success and endowed with the seeds of greatness.”
Zig Ziglar finished well.
Save me a seat, Zig, because I WILL see you at the top!