“My heart is moved by a noble theme as I recite my verses to the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.” Psalm 45:1
Such eloquent words inscribed by the psalmist thousands of years ago. Beautifully said. But please pass the pencils.
This “ode to the pencil” was something I came across and many years ago without noting the source. I apologize to the author who I’m unable to credit – she makes such a good point. (Sorry- I couldn’t resist.)
5 Reasons I Write With A Pencil
A pencil maker told the pencil 5 important lessons just before putting it in the box:
1. Everything you do you will always leave a mark.
2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
3. What is important is what is inside of you.
4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpening which will only make you better.
5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.